In August, I was assigned to present two classes at Feinschule's bi-annual seminar for foreign and Korean teachers. Lacking a degree in Education, I felt overwhelmed and completely under qualified for this assignment. My first presentation was the material and class facilitation of Rising Star, a new course that addresses social, science, math and cooking subjects. I write the day-to-day conversations and workbook pages that make up about 25% of the student book and workbook.
In absence of my own formal training, I concocted a presentation that simply outlined objectives, concepts, core curriculum and my own experiences with teaching the Rising Star class. Luckily, at the main branch, Jenny, the principal of Feinschule Ilsan and my supervisor, has given me a lot of leeway to design and implement my own lessons to teach the curriculum. These lessons and experiences provided me with plenty to talk about.
No comments:
Post a Comment