Self-Portraits
After observing and discussing these self-portraits, we created our own. First, we drew pictures with pencil or crayon. Second, we painted pictures on cardboard. Korea has a hatred of photographs of Korean children in school. Seriously, every photo and drawing in all of the books or on promotional posters is of little blond children. As a result, the little girls seem to suffer from identity crisis. I had to ban the girls from drawing themselves with yellow hair in their self-portraits.
Experiments with Salt and Bubble Wrap:
We did these on a day for which I had forgotten to plan a lesson. I grabbed some salt from the kitchen and bubble wrap from the office and began our experiments. The children really loved painting rainbows and rainy day pictures with the materials.
Summer Vacation Sparkles:
After returning from summer vacation, we drew pictures of real or imagined events. After drawing in crayon, we watercolored over the drawings. As a final touch, the girls added some sparkles. (Notice the yellow ponytail under a very sparkly pink rainbow.)
No comments:
Post a Comment