Monday, May 31, 2010

Wajima Weekend

Last weekend, I talked Karen, Maggie, and Rachel into coming up to Wajima to help out with a small cooking fiesta for my English Club. I bribed them shamelessly with a chicken and dumpling dinner on Friday night complete with biscuits and mashed potatoes. Now I know anyone from the Lamb family would have scoffed at my attempt and simply said, "That's not how Grandma makes them." After all, this is not a meal for amateur cooking. However, I will say that though it's true they didn't taste like Grandma's, they turned out pretty tasty considering my lack of cooking genius.

We spent Saturday afternoon cooking with my English club. We made tortillas, taco meat, guacamole, pico de gallo, and sopapillas. I think the nine English club members really enjoyed listening to awful music in Spanish, cooking, and hanging out with foreign ALTs.

 A fiesta feast...




complete with dessert.

On Sunday I went strawberry picking with a few Japanese friends. It was a little unimpressive since it was all you could eat there and not pick-and-take-home.


We ate Notodon for lunch at Battleship Rock at the tip of the Noto Peninsula.


It was a little pricey and bland for my taste, but all in all an enjoyable afternoon.


We ended the rainy afternoon at a cafe in Wajima where they decorated the top of my cappuccino with a cat face. Kawai.

No comments:

Post a Comment